Stock For Sale
Stock for Sale
On Property Ram Sale Monday 8th August
Viewing from 11am, sale starts at 1pm- all on Auctions Plus.
To view our Ram Sale Catalogue on Auctions Plus click:
We have photographed most lots, and lots 1-18 have been videoed. Auctions Plus are doing their best to upload photographs. If you need to see one urgently please give Kate a call on 0409 784 340.
Please see page 30 of our PDF catalogue below for Auctions Plus details.
If you want to use Auctions Plus for our sale please go to www.auctionsplus.com.au and click Sign Up at least a day before the sale, so your registration can be approved by their team. You will need to have your PIC and ABN handy.
If you require urgent assistance please call Auctions Plus on 02 9262 4222.
PROVEN SIRES- SEE OUR SHEEP
2018 Drop Ewe Lambs available from November 2018
- Excellent opportunity to build your maternal genetics
- We do not retain our commercial ewe lambs (our commercial ewes come out of the stud), so the ‘Tops’ are the ‘Tops’
- Lambs are sired by top 5% rams on the MCP+ index.
- Approximately 70% of lambs are out of recorded (stud) dams that average in the top 20% of the MCP+ index.
- 74% of the dams were born multiples.
- 85% of ewe lambs born multiples.
- All lambs were drafted into lines that reflect their type and condition,
- Eligible All States – OJD
- All lambs out of the mature ewes are on ryegrass/phalaris sub-clover
pastures with access to vetch hay and have access to lick feeders with
lupins and barley. Across all lambs they are averaging about 260g/day.
- Cloven Hills:
- Specialise in maternal genetics for prime lamb producers.
- Have the highest number of Sires in Australia’s Top 150 Maternal Sires for any stand alone stud.
- Primary breeding objectives are fertility and growth.
- Actively select for early growth, moderate adult weight and a good round shape.
- Select for muscle, fat, meat eating traits, milk & worm egg count (WEC).
- Cull for traits that have a high management cost this is critical for our family farm business, ie dag, worm egg count, large leggy ewes, bad feet, inability to hold condition.
- In summary are aiming for well-balanced numbers, consistency in shape, type and skin while culling physically on structure, high adult weight and extremes.
PRIVATE SALE RAMS AVAILABLE – CALL OR EMAIL FOR CURRENT LIST
Rams Average top 10% BAND – MCP+ Index
All animals are classed for structure. Each of the categories below are given a score:
- Feet colour (1 white, 2 striped, 3 black)
- Wool (1 downsy, 5 open)*
*Note for self replacing flocks 2.5 – 3.5 is ideal. For ewes 3.5 is ideal to ensure fleece weight, openness & easycare. An ideal lamb pelt, is 2.5.
See our table of sires in OUR SHEEP.
WHY DO WE USE ESTIMATED BREEDING VALUES?
EBVs rank animals for their genetic merit, enabling breeders to select stock on their objectives with it expressed in a $ value. Through using EBVs to select sires, progeny testing has demonstrated that better ranking sires can return up to $50 per ewe per year. If a ram produces 40 daughters/ewes per year for three years, and you join the ewe for 5 years, this is a return of $30,000. We take individual measurements such as birth, weaning and post weaning weights, eye muscle and worm egg counts. These measurements go towards calculating the EBVs. The more animals, measurements and genetic linkage, enable less environmental variation. We find EBVs an excellent tool for improving our flock’s profitability and dropping out poor performers.
Cloven Hills specialises in producing ewes for prime lamb production. If you are looking for ewe lambs, young or older ewes please call for details of stock that we have on offer or coming up.
Cloven Hills CM0009 2017-170105
Cloven Hills CM0009 2017-170129
Cloven Hills CM0009 2017-170549
Cloven Hills CM0009 2017-170188
Cloven Hills CM0009 2017-170861
Cloven Hills CM0009 2017-170089
Cloven Hills CM0009 2014-140919
Cloven Hills CM0009 2015-150717
Cloven Hills CM0009 2011-110043
Cloven Hills CM0009 2011-111217
Cloven Hills CM0009 2015-150204
Cloven Hills CM0009 2016-160777
Cloven Hills CM0009 2015-150291
Cloven Hills CM0009 2015-150309
Cloven Hills CM0009 2011-111216